Sunday 28 October 2012

May 29th 1905 - Barn collapse

Next morning examining the building to see that the other parts was all right when I say others as was out of place. Me and my oldest boy tried to push them back in their places, I was inside, my boy out. The youngest boy, 5 years old, drags a box inside the barn and leaves it just where I was trying to get the sticks back in place. The little fellow goes out again I know not what for but he had no sooner got out than there I was a crack and the whole barn came down from end to end and me under it. The box and the sticks being loose on the top saved me from being killed. I was almost two double under the roof, the box keeping the full weight off my back. My boy was not long before he had the sods moved and I came out with a sprained ankle which laid me up for four days.

There was nothing for it only to rebuild again. It is plainly to see that God's hand was with me again. Well we went to work and rebuilt this time without any further trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment