Sunday 28 October 2012

October 7th 1905 - Visit doctor, work again

I started for Saskatoon again to get work. I landed it was the first week in October. Went to the C.P.R. doctor. It was Doctor Muneor. He fixed me up this did not cost me anything because the Company stopped so much money out of each man's pay towards hospital. They had stopped it out of mine so I had a right  to it. This was Saturday. Doctor said I must not go to work for a week yet but I went to bridge boss asked him for a job, he told me to come Monday morning which I did and worked until Christmas, then went home. This ended my pioneering for 1905.

P.S. I might say here that the Salvation Army opened or started it's first core on 20th St. East July 1905, I being one of the first and now I am the only one left of the old originals.

No comments:

Post a Comment